8.25.2010

My Goals for This Class

Here I am again writing about my goals for the upcoming semester. Looking back at the blog I wrote for last semester, I feel that I definitely accomplished the goals I set forth. I now have a simple yet attractive website, though the coding needs improvement. As I said before, it seems that any Designer worth his paycheck these days has knowledge in Web Design, and I don't want to be left out in the cold. As well, I like being able to represent myself in a professional manner on the Internet.

I would like to tighten up my now pre-existing knowledge of html and CSS, and possibly learn more advanced techniques like Javascript so that I can make my pages more functional on their own without relying on outside scripts. As far as the basic coding goes, I still have a great deal that I need to learn. I managed to float by with a few basic commands and even those only worked for me after lots of sweat and tears! Even then, there are some issues with viewing my website in browsers other than Firefox. Woe!

Though I am seeking a degree in Graphic Design, my true passion is for illustration, and more and more often nowadays you hear about Illustrators being discovered solely on the strength of their online portfolios. I feel if I could have a strong Internet presence, it would do a great deal to advance my career in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment